Wednesday, January 26, 2011

this & that.

Hey there...hope everyone has enjoyed the year so far. I cannot believe it is almost February! I wanted to touch base and fill you all in on the happenings going on here.

First of all, it has been a busy start to the year with orders and some other things that I can't wait to share with you later. We have been very surprised by the number of weddings we have been contacted about, and we already have orders for the next six months! I love making cupcakes and cakes and all the other goodies for weddings...and don't forget the bridal showers! They are so much fun. One thing I am most excited about is the chance to do a dessert buffet for a bridal shower. I am going to bake lots of different mini cupcakes & mini desserts and even get to set it all up using fun cake stands. I am starting to collect cake stands like I do shoes so I cannot wait to put them to good use. And, I will make sure and take lots of pictures to share too!

We have also been testing out new flavor combinations and coming up with new recipes. My favorite flavor from the recent ones that we have made would have to be a strawberry cake filled with strawberry coulis topped with matcha frosting. Yummy! And, the color of the frosting is so pretty! It would be fantastic for a spring wedding or shower (baby or bridal!) Sorry for the lack of pictures....they were all gone before I remembered to take a picture. But, I will be making more. I have some other cake flavors I want to try it with.

We have also been shipping out lots of cookies & whoopie pies for the arrivals of babies, birthdays, just because...and you name it! I love being able to package them up and mail them out knowing that someone is going to be surprised when they get the package. I also love making them for favors at weddings, showers, and parties. They can be designed to match any event so if you are interested, let us know!

Lastly, we are already starting to get everything ready for farmer's markets! Believe it or not, they are approaching quickly. We will be announcing as soon as everything is in place what markets (yes...it should be more than one this year!) we will be at. It is exciting that we can share our cupcakes & treats with more people.

Well, that is pretty much it for now. I have lots more to share, but we will save that for a later time. And, don't forget, if you want to place an order for Valentine's Day, there is still some time. Spots are filling up fast, but we still have room. Be sure to read the post about the packages we have & delivery and shipping options. And, due to the overwhelming requests, we have added Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Chocolate Peanut Butter to the flavor options. If you want a small cake or something other than the packages we put together, send us an e-mail!

Hope to bake for you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Had my birthday cake last night. Best. Cake. Evah. You've earned your wings baby. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I am very happy you liked your cake and that I earned my wings :)

    ReplyDelete